6/22/12

Summer Lovin'

One of the best things about growing  up in New Jersey is being so close to the shore. It really is so easy to just decide to pack up and head down!
I've done this my whole life. In fact my great-grandmother lived right on Rt. 9 when I was a little girl. We would spend many summer days and nights with her and drive to Stone Harbor, Avalon, Wildwood, or Cape May!
Now, as a mom, I have a great group of friends that will form a small village on the beach as we watch our kids play in the sand and the water together. It's great to spend time together.
This was our first trip to the beach this year and the kids loved it. I can't wait to many more days in the sun, having fun watching my kids.

{side note~my Nan was the best. We loved spending time at her place. She would feed us until we couldn't eat another bit. We would help her with her mini-farm and selling the produce at her stand. She loved to laugh and talk with us!}

No comments:

Post a Comment